THERE'S ONLY ONE HILL
Historic all-uphill run draws thousands of runners from around the globe to make the grueling climb to the summit of the highest peak in the Northeast. Registration is by random selection (lottery).
4,650 vertical feet
22% max grade
- Amazing calorie-replenisher turkey lunch from Hart’s Turkey Farm
- Unique participant tech running shirt
- Race bling
- Warm fuzzy blanket for the finish line on the summit at 6,288′ (home of the world’s worst weather)
Race support/logistics along the legendary Mt. Washington Auto Road:
- Water station to refill 1/2 way to the summit
- HAM Radio operator communications
- Summit parking for race support drivers
- Mountain-trained Emergency Medical Teams at base and summit
The Delta Dental Mount Washington Road Race supports local healthcare in the rural areas of northern New Hampshire. Each year the race makes a charitable donation to the dental division of Coös County Family Health Services through sponsorship by Delta Dental. Since 2012, donations total over 200k!
The Mt. Washington Auto Road opens to the public for normal driving operations around 1:30 pm on race day.
DELTA DENTAL MOUNTAIN CHALLENGE
The Delta Dental Mount Washington Road Race is a part of the Delta Dental Mountain Challenge. Compete in 4 of the 7 races to be eligible for prize money!