ATVS & UTVS
SHARE THE ROAD WITH CARS, TRUCKS, AND MOTORCYCLES
- Driver (ATV) Must have valid motor vehicle driver's license.
- Passenger (ATV) Under 5 years old free of charge
Drive your ATV on the Mt. Washington Auto Road
The Mt. Washington Auto Road is open to ATVs / UTVs on specific days and SHARE the road with regular Drive Yourself automobile and motorcycle traffic, along with our Guided Tours. Reservations are required, as ATV/UTV availability is limited each day.
A ticket to drive your ATV up the Mt. Washington Auto Road is valid anytime during the day of your reservation. Your ticket gives you the ability to drive your ATV up the Auto Road ONE time on the day you have selected. Check the Hours & Dates of Operation. The gate is closed 45 minutes after the posted closing time.
- Electronic tickets with QR code, scanned at the Toll House or checked-in by last name
- Tickets are NONREFUNDABLE
- Transfer tickets easily by emailing your ticket to someone else
- You can only purchase ONE driver per booking
- You can purchase additional passenger tickets at any time
- Only one scan per QR code
ATV / UTV RESTRICTIONS
- The operator must have a valid motor vehicle driver’s license (ATV safety certification not valid on the Auto Road)
- Vehicle must have a valid registration in NH or your state of residence. (It does not need to be registered in NH to travel up the Auto Road).
- 4+ wheeled machines only (no 2 or 3-wheeled ATVs).
- No dirt bikes or trail bikes allowed.
- Each passenger must have either a factory or aftermarket installed seat.
- Maximum Speed Limit: 25 MPH.
- Vehicles must travel single file.
- Eye protection and helmets required for anyone under the age of 18 years old.
- The vehicle must be operated on the normal Auto Road surface only. There are no ATV trails and no off-road terrain on Mount Washington.
Rental ATV/UTVs are not permitted.
Park in the Gravel Lot area to unload your ATV. Pull into the main entrance of the Mt. Washington Auto Road, and before the bridge over the Peabody River, turn left into the Gravel Lots. Please park efficiently. You then unload your ATV/UTV and drive it to the Toll House where they will scan your pre-paid ticket or look up your booking by name.
If you are unable to attend, you CAN transfer your tickets by forwarding the confirmation email to a new party; we do not need to be informed of the transfer. Note QR codes can only be scanned one time. Duplicate scans will not be admitted.
Mt. Washington is well known for its extreme weather—that’s part of the attraction of visiting the summit. Your ticket to drive the Mt. Washington Auto Road on your ATV/UTS is valid rain or shine and in most wind conditions. We will close the road only if the Mt Washington Auto Road management deems the weather to be dangerous or the road conditions to be unsafe. We will not close the road due to uncomfortable weather or weather that some may consider less than ideal.
If conditions allow us to run to treeline only, we will refund 1/2 of your reservation.
- SOLD OUT
This exclusive event for ATVs and UTVs only is a benefit fundraiser for the NH ATV Club, which goes to support trail maintenance and access, rider safety, and education.
- Saturday June 24, 2023
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM