Northeast Delta Dental
2020 RACE CANCELLED Due to COVID-19
60th Anniversary race to be celebrated on June 19, 2021
∨ ROAD RACE EVENT MENU ∨
4,650 vertical feet
22% max grade
THERE'S ONLY ONE HILL
With a heavy heart, we have decided to cancel the Northeast Delta Dental Mount Washington Road Race this year due to concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will not postpone the race to August due to numerous health and safety concerns that are yet to be resolved by the State of New Hampshire and the Federal Government including social distancing measures, limitations imposed on large gatherings, interstate and international travel, and most importantly, the health and safety of everyone involved with the race, including volunteers, staff, and the greater Northern New Hampshire community. There is no way to get around the fact that events in general present a high risk of exposure and are a major vehicle for transmission.
Runners have three options for their race registration:
1) Defer to next year: Guaranteed entry into 2021 with a small fee of $20 for the race entry. The race is always the 3rd Saturday of June -- it will be June 19th, 2021.
2) Refund: If you know you don't want to run in 2021, we will gladly refund 75% of your race entry fee. If you receive a refund, you will not be guaranteed entry into next year’s race. Excluding registration fees, the refund will be 75% of $95, or $71.25
3) Donation: If you know you don't want to run in 2021, but you'd like to donate your race entry fee to Coos County Family Health for critical health care services
All runners have received an email on how to elect their choice for their race registraiton. Please email email@example.com if you are a selected runner for this year's race, and you didn't recieve this email.
This historic all-uphill run draws thousands of runners from around the globe to make the grueling climb to the summit of the highest peak in the Northeast.
Registration for this event has closed. The runners whom had been randomly selected to participate were notified via email on Thursday, February 27, 2020. At this time, further race entries are closed.
Selected Runner Registration Includes:
- Amazing calorie-replenisher turkey dinner from Hart's Turkey Farm
- Unique participant tech running shirt
- Race bling
- Warm fuzzy blanket for the finish line on the summit at 6,288' (home of the world's worst weather)
Race support / logistics along the legendary Mt. Washington Auto Road:
- 4 water stops along the route and at the summit
- HAM Radio operator communications
- Summit parking for race support drivers
- Mountain-trained Emergency Medical Teams at base and summit
The Northeast Delta Dental Mount Washington Road Race supports local healthcare in the rural areas of northern New Hampshire. Each year the race makes a charitable donation to the dental division of Coös County Family Health Services through sponsorship by Northeast Delta Dental. Since 2012, donations total over 125k!
The Mt. Washington Auto Road opens to the public for normal driving operations around 1:30pm on race day, June 20th, 2020.