Guided Tours offer a unique opportunity to learn the true nature and history of Mount Washington. We are pleased to offer our guided tours with a few modifications to keep.
SUNRISE GUIDED TOUR
- Adult Ages 13 and Up
- Child Ages 5 to 12
An Unforgettable Experience.
Watch the sunrise from the highest peak in the northeast, and leave the driving to us in one of our 8-passenger vans.
Experience a sunrise on Mt. Washington from the comfort of a Mt. Washington Stage Coach.
Our experienced tour guides or “stage drivers” as we call them, will drive you up the Mt. Washington Auto Road for a chance to watch the sunrise. We leave promptly from the base lodge and will not hold back the trip as we need to keep a tight schedule throughout the day for all our guests.
Our drivers know the prime spots to view, have access to safe “VIP” parking where other cars would not be able to park, and will tell their tales on the ascent and descent. Even if we don’t actually get to the see the sun rise, you can be sure the early morning lighting on the mountains will make for incredible and unforgettable scenes. Although you are riding in a heated van, you should dress warmly as you will have an opportunity to get out of the stage van for pictures and to experience the weather on Mt. Washington. Weather info can be found here and you are always welcome to call for the latest conditions. This tour may run over 2 hours depending on weather and where we watch the sunrise from.
- Guests and employees are required to wear masks when inside the van
- If you are opposed to wearing a mask, we kindly ask that you drive yourself, or find alternative transportation to the summit
- We have limited the capacity in our 12-passenger vans to 8 passengers
- We use alcohol-based sanitizer to disinfect the vans after each trip
- Windows are open when possible to maximize airflow