Mt. Washington Auto Road
America's oldest and continuously-operating attraction
Jun 25, 2020
Large Summer Events Cancelled
2020 EVENT UPDATE
Larger Summer Events Cancelled
Kona Summer Mountain Bike Race Series is a GO!
PINKHAM NOTCH, NH — 2020 was slated to be a major year for events at the Mt. Washington Auto Road and Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center—and then life as we knew it was turned upside down. Amidst unprecedented health and travel concerns, large gatherings around the world have been postponed or rescheduled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Here in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire, we’ve been somewhat isolated from the harder-hit regions of the country, but nonetheless we’re strictly following the health and safety protocols set forth by the CDC and the State of New Hampshire in an effort to provide the safest possible environment for our employees and customers.
As a result of the current conditions, it’s with a heavy heart that we’ve needed to cancel most of our events for 2020, including our historic races such as the Climb to the Clouds auto race and the Northeast Delta Dental Mount Washington Road Race. A full list of cancelled and rescheduled events are listed at the bottom.
However, we’re very excited to announce that at least one of our annual events at Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center will go on as planned—the Kona Summer Mountain Bike Series. This annual biking series runs for eight weeks (Tuesdays, July 7 through August 25), and with some standard social-distancing protocols at the start/finish area, this will be just as much fun as it’s been in past years. The series is set up with both families and avid mountain bikers in mind, sporting three courses to choose from to suit your ability and fitness level—a long course (5.3 miles), a short course (3.9 miles), and a mini course that’s perfect for the kiddos (1.2 miles). Racers are able to take their lap anytime between 3:30 PM and 7:00 PM, and can choose to ride all eight weeks, or just join for a single race. We hope to see you on the trails!
• Alton Weagle Day — April 8 – Cancelled for 2020
• Salomon Spring Trail Run/Walk Series — May 7 to June 25 —Virtual for 8 weeks
• Black Fly Trail Run and Relay — June 13 — Cancelled for 2020
• Northeast Delta Dental Mount Washington Road Race — June 20 — Cancelled for 2020
• Minis on Top — June 20 — Tentatively rescheduled to August 15
• New Hampshire ATV Day — June 27 — Cancelled for 2020
• Kona Summer Mountain Bike Series — July 7 to August 25 — Being held as planned!
• Climb to the Clouds — July 10 to 12 — Postponed to 2021
• Seek the Peak — July 18 — Virtual event
• Summit Salute — July 19 — Postponed to 2021
• Sunrise Drive — July 26 — Being held as planned!
• Adaptive Sunrise Ascent — August 2 — Virtual event in July, followed by a celebratory
sunrise drive to the summit on August 2
• Moat Mountain 24 Hours of Great Glen — August 7 to 9 — Postponed to 2021
• Mount Washington Auto Road Bicycle Hillclimb — August 15 — Cancelled for 2020
• Sunrise Drive — August 30 — Being held as planned!
• Salomon Fall Trail Run/Walk Series — Sept. 3 to Oct. 8 — Being held as planned!