2-Hour Guided Tours
We are pleased to offer our guided tours with a few modifications to keep our employees and guests safe during COVID19.
Guided Tours offer a unique opportunity to learn the true nature and history of Mount Washington and the historical Auto Road. Driven by one of our accomplished and dedicated tour guides, your “stage driver” will offer stories, anecdotes, legends, history and insight into the ecological wonder of Mount Washington as well as point out interesting features and scenic opportunities from the base to the 6,288-foot summit. Refer to the calendar below for available trips and operating hours.
Please note, Guided Tours are NOT a replacement for the Hiker Shuttle. Reserving a seat on a 2-hour tour to get a ride down the mountain is not permitted. Guided Tour drivers bring guests from the base to the summit and then bring the exact same group of guests down the mountain. Guided Tours start at the base of the mountain and end at the base of the mountain.
2-HOUR GUIDED TOURS INCLUDE:
- 30 minute narrated ascent to the summit of Mt. Washington; 30 minute narrated descent to the base
- narration by our experienced and dedicated tour guides
- discussion of the unique history, flora and fauna of Mt. Washington
- time for guests to take pictures
- time for guests to enjoy the summit experience
MODIFICATIONS DUE to COVID19:
- Guests are required to wear masks when inside the van
- If you are opposed to wearing a mask, we kindly ask that you drive yourself, or find alternative transportation to the summit
- We have limited the capacity in our 12-passenger vans to 6 people maximum
- We use alcohol-based sanitizer to disinfect the vans after each trip
- Guests are provided with hand sanitizer when getting into the van
- Windows are open when possible to maximize airflow
- Mt. Washington Observatory museum is not operating at this time
- There are portable toilets at the summit
- 3-Hour Discovery Tours are not operating at this time
NH STATE PARK BUILDING
The Sherman Adams building at the summit of the mountain, managed by the NH State Park, will be open to guests by reservation only. The building remains open 7 days per week through October 12th, however the gift shop and food concessions will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the rest of the season, starting on September 22nd.
Your reservation on the Auto Road 2-hour Guided Tour does NOT include a reservation to the summit building. The Mount Washington Observatory Museum continues to be closed.
If you would like to make a reservation to go inside the NH State Park summit building, please visit: https://www.nhstateparks.org/visit/state-parks/mt-washington-state-park. Factor 30 minutes of travel time to the summit for your booking. While the reservation is free of charge, there is a $1 transaction fee.
HOW TO BUY YOUR TICKETS for the AUTO ROAD 2-HOUR GUIDED TOUR
- Use the calendar below to reserve your 2-Hour Guided Tour
- 2-Hour Guided Tours may be available without a reservation on a first-come, first-serve basis when advanced bookings have not sold all available seats
- We strongly encourage anyone looking for a Guided Tour to reserve a seat online in advance.
There is no guarantee that walk-in seating will be available.
2-HOUR GUIDED TOUR RATES
|Adult Round Trip||$39|
|Senior (62+ Yrs.) & Military Round Trip||$34|
|Child (Ages 5-12) Round Trip||$18|
|Under 5 Yrs.||FREE|
Bookings purchased for a 2-Hour Guided Tour are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Should a booking party make the decision to cancel, regardless the circumstance of the cancellation, no refund will be issued. The Mt. Washington Auto Road is an outdoor, natural attraction, and as such, extreme weather can impact tour offerings. In the event that the tour is canceled due to extreme and unsafe weather conditions the booking will be rescheduled.
If you have any questions about 2-Hour Guided Tours, please call (603) 466-3988.