ATVs & UTVs
Limited Dates Available
Due to the overwhelming popularity of the annual NH ATV Day, we have opened the Mt. Washington Auto Road to ATVs on specific days, see calendar below.
A ticket to drive your ATV up the Mt. Washington Auto Road is valid anytime during the day of your reservation. Your ticket gives you the ability to drive your ATV up the Auto Road ONE time on the day you have selected. Check the Hours & Dates of Operation. The gate is closed 45 minutes after the posted closing time.
- Electronic tickets with QR code, scanned at the Toll House or checked-in by last name
- Tickets are NONREFUNDABLE
- Transfer tickets easily by emailing your ticket to someone else
- You can only purchase ONE driver per booking
- You can purchase additional passenger tickets at any time
- Only one scan per QR code
If you are unable to attend, you CAN transfer your tickets by forwarding the confirmation email to a new party; we do not need to be informed of the transfer. Note QR codes can only be scanned one time. Duplicate scans will not be admitted.
Park in the Gravel Lot area to unload your ATV. Pull into the main entrance of the Mt. Washington Auto Road, and before the bridge over the Peabody River, turn left into the Gravel Lots. Please park efficiently. You then unload your ATV/UTV and drive it to the Toll House where they will scan your pre-paid ticket or look up your booking by name.
ATV / UTV RESTRICTIONS
- The operator must have a valid motor vehicle driver’s license.
- Vehicle must have a valid registration in NH or your state of residence. (It does not need to be registered in NH to travel up the Auto Road).
- 4+ wheeled machines only (no 2 or 3-wheeled ATVs).
- No dirt bikes or trail bikes allowed.
- Each passenger must have either a factory or aftermarket installed seat.
- Maximum Speed Limit: 25 MPH.
- Vehicles must travel single file.
- Eye protection and helmets required for anyone under the age of 18 years old.
- The vehicle must be operated on the normal Auto Road surface only. There are no ATV trails and no off-road terrain on Mount Washington.
Rental ATV/UTVs are not permitted.