Our policies regarding COVID19
Keeping our guests and employees safe and healthy
PLANNING A VISIT
- Reservations are not required for you to drive yourself on the Mt. Washington Auto Road. You pay at the Toll House when you arrive. We take major credit cards and cash.
- If you are interested in a Guided Tour, please book in advance. Face masks are required for guests when inside the van.
- The Mt. Washington Observatory Museum is not operating this summer.
- We are working with the Cog Railway to provide bathroom facilities for our guests at the summit. Two shipping containers with porta-potties are at the summit.
- The Hiker Shuttle is NOT operating at this time.
NH STATE PARK BUILDING
The Sherman Adams building at the summit of the mountain, managed by the NH State Park, will be open to guests by reservation only. Your drive or tour on the Auto Road does NOT include a reservation to the summit building. If you would like to make a reservation to go inside the NH State Park summit building, please visit: https://www.nhstateparks.org/visit/state-parks/mt-washington-state-park. Factor 30 minutes of travel time to the summit for your booking. While the reservation is free of charge, there is a $1 transaction fee.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
Face Coverings: Our employees are required to wear face coverings. We strongly urge all visitors to wear face coverings as well. Customers are required to wear masks whenever they’re in one of the company vans—either a guided tour on the Auto Road, or one of our shuttles for kayaking tours with Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center.
Temperature Checks / Health Questionnaire: Prior to beginning work each day, employees have their temperature checked and are asked a series of health questions.
Hand Cleansing: We are asking everyone to wash their hands often with soap and water. Restrooms are currently available in the base lodge and the gift shop at the entrance to the Auto Road.
Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer stations are available in all of our facilities, and we’ve posted reminders in all buildings about the importance of hand cleanliness.
Social Distancing: We require that our employees maintain a social distance of six feet from others whenever possible. We strongly urge all visitors to do the same, and have posted signage to that effect throughout all our facilities.
Sanitizing Teams: Our employees are performing enhanced sanitizing throughout the day on high-touch surfaces in all our facilities and stage vans for guided tours.
Education & Training: Our top priority is the health and safety of our employees and guests. We have implemented enhanced staff education and training on cleanliness and safety practices. Please read and follow all posted safety signage.
STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE RESOURCES